Friday, June 26, 2009

Week 3

Dear Family
Here i am on P-day again doing laundry. I'm really getting used to the routine here and i'm really starting to enjoy myself. This week has been really good but parts have been tough. I'll start with the tough stuff and end with the good. This week i have some trouble with my companion. Not bad stuff, but seems like some days the only reason he is here is to irratate me.He does ok with the language but he askes me the same questions about it over, and over, and over, and over...and over again. His personality has also gotten very irritating and sometimes o just want to kill him. I'm sure this is all pretty normal but its been tough. The Language is still awesome.We had to pretend to be investagaters for an older district yesterday in the TRC because they're training Mission presidents and we cant have volunteers come in. I was paired with Elder Davidson (Going to Cape Verde, from Bear Lake Idaho) for their lesson, which was entirely in portuguese. It was really cool because we understood almost everything(as long as they spoke slow) and we even responded in portuguese a little. It was a great learning experience. Then then me and Elder McLean got to talk in portuguese to one of the older Elders and then we taught the second lesson in portuguese. It was the first time we taught the second lesson, so it didn't go very well.To add to it i was pretty frustrated with myself because i didn't do as well speaking portuguese as i thought i should have so i was already feeling pretty down. The day got better but it was a tough day yesterday because iwas mad at McLean for a while. I still struggle with the teaching but i think i'm getting a little better. But like i said the Language is great.The Guys in my district still think i'm better than them. Elder Thaut (going to Lisbon, from pasin Utah) calls me "The Portuguese Samurai" because is peak "really cool" and i know alot. And another told me, "Elder Haws, if there weren't people you were supposed to teach in Portugal, you'd be learning Japanese". So i'm enjoying the language and this Thursday i wont be able to speak english after next thursday so that will be fun. I haven't gotten sick yet and i'm not sure why. Every Elder in my district has gottten somewhat sick or had to have physical therapy (Elder Isaacson going to Cape Verde, from Layton Utah) except me. Its amazing. Now for the Questions...The MTC is a little less crowded but now we have Mission Presidents here so half the cafeteria and the main building are off limits so its pretty much the same. Yes i got my debit card and i'm upset i dont have a picture on it but thats ok, i'll get over it. The little Tag in my Suit Pocket said 42L but what are you going to do about the pant lengths? Thanks for the package it was Awesome!And thanks again for all the letters and love. I have to go to dinner and the devotional so I have to go.
I love and miss you guys!
"The Portuguese Samurai"
Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment