Greg’s Letter of July 5, 2009
Dear Family,
This weekend has been pretty great. Yesterday we went to our classes like normal and studied all day. Then at 7:30 we went to the gym and watched a special 4th of July program about the reformers of the Bible and the Founding Fathers. A Branch Presidency member from one of the branches narrated the program while there were video clips of different people speaking as if they were the Reformers or Founding Fathers. They had some technical difficulties and a lot of the Elders I’ve talked to about it didn’t think that it was very good. We got to sing and hear about history, so I really enjoyed it. Then we went out at about 10:20 to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. It was weird being up so late but the fireworks were pretty good. I got to talk to the other district that came in with me quite a bi which was nice. They’re all going to Lisbon so that makes 11 missionaries going there in a few weeks (10 Elders, 1 Sister). The fireworks came in two waves. One set came at 10:10 and the other at 10:20. People said that was normal but the fireworks were just OK. I guess I kinda overestimate fireworks everywhere I go now because of Maleluca’s big show. After the show we all went to bed as quickly as possible because we were already pass our bedtime. How was your guy’s Fourth of July? Anything exciting? Well, today was Fast Sunday which means we had a mission conference. It was pretty good and after that we had District meeting. I didn’t teach this week so it was great. I told the Elders in my District I never want to do it again, but every time I do they tell me my lesson was great. After District meeting I did personal study then we went back to the dorm and took a nap. Then we went and had dinner and went to the Fireside. The who is in charge of our Learning and Education here spoke with his wife and they did great. During his talk he showed a picture of his trainer as he told a mission story. The Elder was pretty good looking so I leaned over and told the Elders next to me, “Hey, that looks like me!” Just then a sister turned around in from of me and stared at me for a few seconds and didn’t seem to happy. All the Elders next to me busted up laughing but this sister didn’t seem to understand that I was being sarcastic.
Eventually she smiled and turned around but everyone thought it was hilarious. I thought she was going to kill me. After the fireside almost everyone from our zone left. We normally stay and watch the movie that they put on after because they always put on the best movie in the gym. This week we only had 4 of us there but it was still really good. My companion left with Elder Muir’s companion so I stayed with him and Elder Passy (from Rexburg, going to Porto, Portugal) and Elder Hahn (from Las Vegas, going to Porto, Portugal) from the older District. We had a lot of fun watching “Legacy” and then came back here and now I’m just getting ready for bed. Today has been really good. We got a new District about a week and a half ago and I got to know one of them tonight. His name is Mitch Young (I think) from Burley, Idaho. He took Mindy’s Institute class before he came in and it sounds like he and his sister have both had Mindy as a Teacher. He loved having her as a teacher and you can tell Mindy she did a good job teaching him because he’s doing really well. He’s new to the zone and is headed to the Mozambique, Annola Mission in South Africa. They speak Portuguese there (more like Brazilian Portuguese) and he’s going to be great. I have just a few questions for you guys. Did you guy’ activate my debit card? Because I can’t use the phone to call the number and we don’t have a Wells Fargo ATM here. We have one ATM and I’m not sure if it will work. Do you guys want me to send my black suit back? Because I also need to send my watch back and have you guys take a few links out if that’s OK. Hopefully this letter has pictures in it. I’m low on money and I don’t know if I’ll be able to pick them up. Tell everyone Hi for me! I love and miss you guys!
Elder Haws
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment