Hey Family,
This week has been really good. I learned a lot and portuguese is getting easier. This week we found out that we are going to be host missionaries for the new missionaries next week. I'm really excited to how it goes. The missionary that walked me around didn't seem to happy about being in the MTC so i've decided i'm not going to let that happen with my "First Greenie". Me and Elder McLean have been chosen for a special assignment on that same day.I dont know what it is but i''l let you guys know next week. This week we have been only speaking portuguse in class and its been tough but its helping a lot. Its getting easier to understand what people are saying and it also isn't taking me as long to form sentences as it used to. Everybody in my district still bugs me about knowing all the portugese that i do.Yesterday we had another vocab test, but i didn't do as well on it because i didn't study Vocabulary this week. Elder Muir ended up getting the highest score but everyone still thinks i'm a portuguese dictionary so i guess nothing has changed. Whenever we play review games in portuguese we have to pick teams and i normally get picked first so i got a new nick name..."The First Round Draft Pick". Yesterday in the TRC we had to do everything in Portuguese. We had to talk about food and share a scripture and then teach the whole first lesson in portuguese. I didn't think it was going to be that bad because we had practiced teaching the lesson twice in class but when we were preparing the lesson for our "investigators" Elder McLean decided we should talk about prayer and the scriptures. This was a good idea except i hadn't study that material. I had studied the first lesson and thats what we had practiced all week and we didn't prepare to teach that stuff. So when we walked in to teach the investigators i turned into Elder McLean's giant Portuguese dictionary that told him the words he didn't know. I didn't do much else other than that and bearing a short testimony here and there. I felt awful after the lesson but our teacher said it was one of the best 1st lesson ever in portuguese that he had ever heard. That didn't help me feel any better because it was McLean that was doing the teaching and not me. But i got over it and just decided to learn form it and move on. I'm never going to be that surprised or unprepared for a lesson ever agian. I'm going to do my best to make sure of it. We got to go to the temple today for the first time in two weeks. It was nice to go back and we got to be there for one of four elders who was getting his endowments taken out. It was really great.Next week I will be part of the oldest district in our Zone and only have three weeks left here. Tell Mindy thank you for the 4th of July box and Jenny and Mindy and everybody else for the doughnuts. Me and Elder Davidson pretty much ate them all. About the suit, you guys can go ahead and send it down and i'll use the boxe to mail my suit to Jenny. I tried to order pictures but i accidently hit the wrong size so they came out as 8x10s. The MTC will split the cost with me so it'll only be $30. My cards not activated but i've been taking money out of the Atm to buy stuff. I'm going to buy those pictures this week so can you guys make sure i have enough money in my account? Sorry. Thanks again for the ties and scripture markers and for all the advice. Keep me posted on Spencer and everbody else.
I love and miss you guys!
"The Matt Stafford of District 54F"
Elder Haws
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment