This week has been great. Sunday was really busy with all the mettings but i still found time to take a nap and relax. The rest of this week was really standard. We learned three new verb tenses in portuguese in class so everyone was pretty frustrated with the language for a while but they're ok now. On Wendsday me and Elder Mclain didn't really have much class time with the teachers. In the morning we had to go to a meeting as a district to learn how to greet the new elders then right after that we went to work. I hosted three sister missionaries with other elders and i had one Elder that i got to host by myself. His name was Elder Fischer and he was going to Chilie. He was a tall elder and he was really nice. I had to walk him to his room, which just so happened to be on the top floor of the building farthest from the road. All in all hosting missionaries was fun. Then that night we had to leave class to go and give the Zone Leader speech to the new missionaries. That went really well and afterward we gave them a tour of the MTC. I dont think they remembered any of it but i still think we did a good job. They're great guys and they'll be great Elders. We got 10 elders in this new district. 3 are going to Brazil, six are going to Cabo Verde (ten islands off the west coast of Africa), and 1 going to Lisboa portugal (Omelhor missao de todas missas ne terra!). The district leader ended up being the Elder going to Portugal. He reminds me a lot of Spencer for some reason and when i look at him it makes me home sick. Its weird but i'm getting over it. One of the Brazilian Elders is going to Florianoplis which i thought was awesome. This week the language has been good. I'm not learing as fast as iwas before but i'm changing my study habits so that should change. This weekin the TRC was better. I was able to understand a lot of what our invetigators said. We had 4 (3 Brazilian RMs, 1 Portugal)! At one point they were all talking at the same time and it was hard to pick who to listen to.They acted like people who dont belive in God at all so it was tough but our teacher said we did really well and that the experience was very realistic and also that we might see that in portugal. The Cabo Verdian Elders in our district got their flight plans this week and they leave a week early. I'm kind of jealous but we get ours on tuesday(i think). Now for answering questions: I dont have my address yet for portugal. It'll be easier for me just to mail the suit and pictures because the MTC is really picky about what goes in and out of here. Thanks for activating my card. It was a blessing that it wasn't activated because when i tried to pay for the pictures the first time they were $60. Then they called me in two days later and asked if i ordered that size on purpose. I said no and they offered to split the cost with me so i only payed $30. Tell Mikey i'm not that good at the language, just the people in my district think i am. Compared to the other district i think i'm probably average. I found its really tough being Zone leader because everyone watches everything you do. I was invisible before and now everyone sees everything i do. Tell everyone thanks for all the letters E-mails and support. Life here in the MTC is great and i'm really loving it! Tell everyone i love and miss them and that i'm doing fine.
I love you guys.
Elder Haws
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment