Hey Family,
I survived another week with the Zone Leaders her in Santaruem, but I can’t say I did without injuries. This morning I got in another fight with the same Zone Leader, then later I ended up kicking the edge of a door and cut my toe open. It started bleeding and everything I even came close to passing out. I got really pale and sweaty, which made the other elders laugh and make fun of me, but that’s nothing new because people did the same thing when I passed out at school. I didn’t do it on purpose but it was quite the coincidence that it happened on the same day I fought with the ZL. I guess that might have been Heavenly Father’s way of telling me to be more patient.
In more exciting news, transfers are tomorrow and as you can probably guess, I already got my call. Me and Elder Bradshaw are being “with washed” but if you don’t know what that means, it means we’re both leaving. He’s going to Abrante, just north of here, and I am going to the other end of the mission…all the way down to Tavira. It’s in the Algarve, which means it’s at the bottom of Portugal so tomorrow will be a long day of traveling by bus. It’s actually right next to Spain so if I apostate I can go across the border. It’s full of tourists right now because 1) it’s in the Algarve and 2) it’s summer. It also has one of the smallest branches in the mission which means the missionaries do pretty much everything there. I’m a little nervous about going there because I know it will be tough, but I’m also a little excited to see what happens. I also have mixed feelings about being white washed. I feel like it was important because this area really needs a clean start, but at the same time I feel as though I kind of failed here. But I’m sure those feelings will pass though. My new companion will be Elder Torgison. He was in the MTC with me and he’s a really cool kid so this next transfer will be fun.
This week was pretty uneventful. We finally taught that boy that came to church two weeks ago but since then, he hasn’t come. He has a friend that was baptized a year ago that went inactive and doesn’t like the church, and he told this kid we’re teaching bad stuff about the church so now he’ not to interested in talking to us anymore. Our recent convert also hasn’t talked to us in a while but she still seems to be doing ok.
Also, I forgot to tell you guys that one of the investigators that I taught in Setubal got baptized last Sunday, and afterward he called me up. He wanted to say thank you for everything we did for him. He also said he wanted me to be there but knew I had to be her for a reason. He told me it was like I was there and that he is going to send you guys pictures of the baptism. He is a great guy and is going to be a great member and leader in the Church.
Also I found out that Elder Dalton is going to train again in Setubal so he must be doing great. Elder Thomas is also going to train again this transfer (he trained last transfer too), Elder McClean (my MTC comp) is also going to train. We got 19 new missionaries this transfer so everything is going crazy and everyone is training now.
In other news, I’m low on mission money so I may have to pull out a little personal money to make it to my new area. Sorry, I know I have pulled out a lot of money lately but I promise I’m going to do better in the future!
I haven’t got the package you guys sent me yet but I will probably get it her in about 2 weeks when I have zone conference.
Well, I think that’s the news. Thanks for all your love and prayers. Eu amo voces!
Com amor,
Elder Haws
No comments:
Post a Comment