Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday, March 7, 2010‏

Dear Family,

This week has almost been the longest week of my life! It almost seemed to drag buy but hopefully this week will get better.

This week started off pretty well. We taught lessons everyday but for some reason, time seemed to slow way down in the middle of the week. It wasn´t like things weren´t happening either. In fact, we found 8 new investigators but for some reason the week just felt kind of empty. I dont know if its because i´ve been in the area for so long or if its because we haven´t marked anyone for baptism in a while. I´m thinking it felt so long because we´ve been working with that brazilian couple for about 3 and a half months and they´re still not marked for baptism. They are so close to being baptized and yet they still dont accept the invite. They really have a strong desire to be baptized but they´re always wanting to know more, or they´re not sure about something. I love these two people to death and i want to see them baptized but its getting really frustrating right now. Every week the Assistents call us asking who will be baptized during the week and we always say that this couple will be, but now i dont know if they will ever be baptized. Who knows. I think i just need to have more faith. In other news, we´re helping an old man stop smoking and as of right now, he hasn´t smoked in almost a week! He´s also reading from the Book of Mormon almost every day and we´ve really seen a change in him. Its amazing the affect the gosple can have on somebody. When we met this man he was kind of uninterested and almost grumpy when we would teach him. And now, he smiles alot more and seems alot happier than he was. Its really strengthened my testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon. He still doesn´t want to be baptized but we´ll just have to wait and see what happens.

In other transfer news, Elder Wilson became the new Assistant to the president this transfer. Its really funny because he´s always been known as a "climber" or someone who wants more leadership. Me and Elder Thomas are extatic because Elder Wilson can be kind of an air head some times so we´re excited to see what happens. I love Elder Wilson to death so i´m praying for him to do a good job.

This week me and Elder Thomas are planning on starting a diet because we both haven´t been eating very healthy throughout this last transfer. I´m not sure how long this diet thing will last but we´ll see how it goes.

I thought the box that mom was sending WAS my b-day box so now i´m a bit confused. Syrup would be great to send in the next box because they dont sell that here and some kind of mix would be good too. P.S. my favorite kind of cake is Better than basketball cake but i dont think they make mixes for that. A watch would also be good too. Mine broke my first week in the country. I could buy one from a chinese store here but i´m afraid it wouldn´t last too long. Things from chinese stores have a tendency to break rather quickly.

I´ve also tried to attach some photos of our area. I also included a few before an after pictures of our kitchen. I hope you guys enjoy. This new email makes it easier to send photos so i´ll be sending more in the coming weeks. At first i had trouble getting in to this new account but now i´´ve gotten everything worked out so life´s good.

Well, think think thats about it for news here. Thanks for all the love and support and especially the emails! Eu amo vôces!

Élder Haws













No comments:

Post a Comment